Reboot! Day 6 (April 20, 2007) - Book Worm

Not a very interesting photo today, but I suppose there's more of a story behind this one. My reading habit has severely slipped over the past year. Starting with a few weeks ago, I've been trying to get my hands on as many books as possible, as if to make up for lost time.

Some I've read before, but have never owned a copy. Others are completely new and alien, and are recommended by friends more literate than myself. Others are what I've been meaning to pick up for a long time. Others have been lent to me generously by friends. Most have been found on sale. The Penguin Popular Classics are my new hero, as they offer amazing books at lower prices (since they print on 95% recycled paper, and spend less on packaging). Others weren't as kind on my wallet, but I had to get them anyway!

The current (and eclectic?) reading list:
1) Judith Butler's Gender Trouble
2) Augusten Burrough's Possible Side Effects
3) Koji Suzuki's Dark Water
4) Donald Miller's Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality
5) Joseph Conrad's The Eastern Stories
6) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's A Study in Scarlet
7) Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead
8) Dante Alighieri's The Divine Comedy: Inferno
9) J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan
10) Edgar Allan Poe's Selected Tales
11) Fyodor Dostoyevsky's Crime And Punishment
12) Roland Barthes' Camera Lucida

Just scratched off the reading list:
1) Roald Dahl's Book of Ghost Stories
2) Alison Bechdel's Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic
3) Oscar Wilde's The Happy Prince and Other Stories
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

a.c.t. said...

aww, you brought fun home with you! how did you like it? some of these books have been on my to-read list for a long time.

jammi said...

yes! i just had to bring it...i didn't want to rush reading through it (it seemed like the kind of book you wanted to take your time with). i was struggling with that though, i was like, "if i bring it with me, i won't be able to return it to athena for almost two months! and i have to take SUCH good care of it!" haha!

i really loved it! her narrative technique is absolutely wonderful, and the threads that she pulls along through her stories are so well done. i haven't read a comic this good in a while. thank you so much for lending it to me! :) i'm having a fab time rereading it as well.